I have no idea if this is 4.0 or 3.0 or if it even counts because it’s way more “revelations” and way fewer “ruminations.”
1. It’s a beautiful day today, and I decided it was high time to break out my new purse. (Paired with my trench, I am unstoppable. Even though I didn’t wash my hair today.)
2. Grapefruit is one of my all-time favorite snacks for work. They’re also one of the all-time most awkward things to eat at work. Especially because I peel them and eat them like oranges. Clarice told me that when I started working here she thought I was a “proper girl who only ate grapefruit and didn’t curse.” Now we’re roommates. So she learned the truth. (Sidenote: I was peeling a grapefruit on Monday when I fell off the ball.)
3. Every time I stand up today, I have to pull my pants down because they’re getting stuck on my calves. I blame this on the half-marathon “training” (which is going. not poorly. not well. just going.). For the record, we’re doing it. We just haven’t signed up.
4. There are sour patch jelly beans in a coworker’s office. I can’t stay away. And I always eat them by flavor/color, starting with my least favorite (green) and ending with my favorite (red). But riddle me this: If I don’t like the green ones, why do I eat them at all? Moments like this make me think of The Wedding Planner, in which Matthew McConaughey (sigh) only eats brown M&Ms because “chocolate is already brown.” I have no self-control. I eat them all.
4b. No. I do not think my incessant consumption of jelly beans (green and all) is in any way related to the snugness of my jeans.
5. I’m thinking about getting highlights. Or lowlights. I probably won’t.
6. The latest goal I set for myself and achieved was today’s goal to be as unproductive as possible. Check.