My friend Cate said once, “I like walking around listening to my iPod because it makes me feel like I’m in a movie and it’s the soundtrack of my life.” I like that. Of course, it was 8 years ago when she said it and she had the first generation iPod dropping beats (I know. I’m not cool.) and since then, everyone seems to have taken a scene from her flick (get how I’m trying to tie all of this movie/soundtrack talk together?) and rocks out on the regular.
But I don’t. I rarely listen to my iPod or iPhone unless I’m at the gym. But it doesn’t really matter, because I have a slew of songs going through my head any day. Every day. So here’s a peep at the soundtrack of my life in the past two days. At least the few songs I remember. And, lucky you, I included a link to a YouTube of each song so you can start jammin’, too.
1. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. (It’s July. What?)
2. Boom Boom Boom… Let Me Hear You Say Wayo! (I know that’s not what it’s actually called, but who knew the real title was only the Boom Boom Boom?)
3. I’ve Got a Crush on You. (I have said it before and I’ll say it again: the Something’s Gotta Give soundtrack is amazing.)
4. The Graduation March. (Again, not the real title but easy reference tool. Fine. Pomp and Circumstance might also have sufficed.)
5. I Walk the Line. (I so do not walk any lines, but I always seem to come back to Johnny Cash time and time again when I’m at work.)
I really should stop posting random things, but I just can’t. It’s the real me. And she’s breaking free.
6. I Want to Break Free. (You see how this happens? I see a word and think of a song… Also. I have no idea Prince has so many songs that I know and love (and simultaneously didn’t know were Prince songs).)